About the Event
Join us on February 26, 2022!
The Coldest Night of the Year is a super-fun, family-friendly fundraising walk that supports local charity partners who provide essential care and service for people experiencing homelessness, hurt, and hunger.
CNOY is a moment each year when tens of thousands of Canadians step outside the warmth and comfort of home to shine a light of welcome and compassion in their communities. Remarkably, the Coldest Night of the Year has raised over $43,500,000 in 149 communities across Canada since it began in 2011. Learn more about our history.
How to Participate
Select one of two fun ways to participate in 2022:
- In-Person Walk: Most CNOY locations (covid permitting) will host an organized, in-person event – complete with 2km + 5km signed routes, rest stops, volunteers, and snacks at the end.
- Virtual Walk: All CNOY locations will welcome virtual fundraisers who self-organize either with friends or individually, walking any day in February on a route they choose.
- Date: Saturday, February 26, 2022.
- Where: Chances are there is a CNOY location quite near you! If not, you can still walk and fundraise virtually in your community, wherever you are.
- What: Participants register to walk 2km + 5km, whether at an in-person event, or virtually with their team.
- Who: Everyone is welcome! CNOY is family-friendly – participants range in age from toddlers (with parents of course) to active seniors.
- How: Participants register online to set up their personal Fundhub page. It's easy to set your goal, add your photo message, and thank donors via email. Donors who give online are receipted within minutes of their secure gift of $20 or more.
- No Registration Fee: CNOY is 100% free to join! Everyone is welcome to come and fundraise for their local CNOY charity.
- Impact: By walking in the cold, you'll feel a hint of the challenge faced by those experiencing homelessness during winter. By fundraising, you'll be contributing much-needed money to a charity in your town that is bringing hope and help to people in your community who need support.
Our thanks for a fundraising job well done!
When you go the extra mile and fundraise ($150 for adults, $75 for youth under 17 or under) we'll celebrate your efforts with an oh-so-comfy 2022 CNOY Toque.
Your safety is no joke.
If the past year has taught us anything, it’s that things can change quickly! Covid-related health risks and operational challenges may not permit us to assemble in large groups as planned. If provincial, municipal, or local restrictions take effect, we'll be ready to adjust – we will communicate with you directly and help you gather safely in smaller, covid-friendly teams (or walk individually).